Monday, May 30, 2011

All Hail the Mighty GPS!

One of my great terrors in life is driving. I can't really explain it, but I'm truly terrified of going down the wrong road and getting lost.

Just today I left home by myself for a fantastic summer internship. I have left home before for things like college, but I've never been driving to these new experiences in a car by myself! I packed the car with most of what I wanted to have at the internship, hugged my parents goodbye, and drove off into the sunset.

Well... it was around two in the afternoon, so there was no sunset. And I had to pull off the road and wait for the GPS to figure out where I was before I even left the neighborhood. The drive itself was relatively uneventful, except for the few times that my GPS and road signgs didnt agree on what the streets and highways were named. For some strange reason, other cars on the highway just don't appreciate you merging back and forth in the highway because your GPS is playing games with you.

Somehow my GPS managed to get me more than an hour from home, and I didn't swerve off the road or take the wrong exit. And somehow I found the security office on the first time, got my dorm key without incident, unpacked, and cooked a mild dinner.

Now I shall retire for the evening, sheltering inside from the sweltering heat, and I hope to tell more tales soon! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment