Monday, March 22, 2010

Grateful

This isn't so much of a post as a list I've been meaning to post. I've found there are certain unexpected joys and kindnesses hiding in people at College X, and I wanted to take a few moments to share them.

I'm grateful for:
  • The co-worker who brings me snacks and a smile when I'm stressed
  • The friend who can listen to my rants about a frustrating situation with another friend, and give us both productive advice.
  • Those same four boys who carried a fridge, a bookcase, and many heavy boxes with a smile.
  • The theatre-buddy who brought four burly friends to help me move to a new dorm room on very short notice.
  • The friend who drives me to the grocery store once a week so I don't have to stand in the rain waiting for the once-an-hour bus.
  • My mom (of course) and dad, who both pay for my education, but give me money for food, and "sanity" money on a steady basis, and who also listen to my endless complaints with a knowing smile.
  • My chemistry professor who listened to me talk about an issue for almost an hour, and helped me work through my feelings on the matter.
  • This same professor for helping me trudge through a dislike for chemistry to an understanding of lab concepts.
  • my friend - also a chem tutor - who tutors me through skype the night before a lab is due.
  • the supervisor who sends me on lots of errands outside of the office and across campus when it's sunny and warm outside.
  • And many, many, many more tiny instances of kindness by strangers.

I am always grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment